NE Show 2006

|

To those who knew, last Saturday was the NE Show @ N.a.t.i.o.n.a.l S.t.a.d.i.u.m. for the g.a.h.m.e.n schools. So, by default, I was supposed to put that willingness in me to join the crowd as I am one of the ML p5 tee-cheers. I was quite reluctant in the first place as I never bother to be excited in attending such big hoo-haa events. Not saying that I am not a law abiding c-t-zen. Just that, I didn't fancy crowds that much. Since the event would mark the closure of the stadium, I thought that being there as a first timer and the last was quite an interesting thought.

We started all the way from noon. I had to help sorting the goodie bags and circulate them. This time, it's a sling bag. I was assigned as a buddy to my colleague. We went there by a chartered S.B.S bus after a short talk by the headmaster.

Being in N.S reminded me of my Big Walk years with my pre-u2000 clan. The last time was back in my higher secondary years? *I think* It hasn't change of course. The only difference were the number of spectators and a different set. I found the sound detector quite cool. The crowd were divided into 2 and we had the kallang wave challenge. Then, the detector will rank the sound waves created.

But only one thing that made me flabbergasted; the fireworks. Be it indoors or outdoors, I would certainly wait for the fireworks. It left me in awe! Infact, I captured loads of videos on fireworks alone. Hehe, I finished up all my 3 memory cards.

That particular day left me many memorable moments...

- I met some of my ex-NIE-Townsvillian friends
- Made better rapport with the P5 pupils. Now they know my name...
- Discover more of my colleagues - their humour, their jokes
- Met my practicum colleague as well as my practicum students

To add to this, of course... we went off midnight time! Believe it or not! Lucky it was Sunday. When we return to school, the entrance was shining brightly and parents eagerly waiting for their children in school. To me, most importantly is the safety of the students. Alhamdulillaah, they went back safely. I am also very sure they enjoyed themselves after having to wait for 31/2 hours after the end of the show just to get out of that gigantic place. It was a fruitful wait for me because of some things that happen along the way...


Puh-pearls nad Tea-Cheers

Met my practicum students. The few ones who actually made quite an impact during my practicum days. They are already P5! I taught them when they were P3! 2 years?!

Sunset @ Stadium

Love their antics and intro to a fun and enjoying game I learnt that day!

A rubber flower girl at night

0 comments: