Getaway Part 1 – A sea voyage, my take aways

|

There wasn’t anything as huge as such transportation! Packed thy bags and off I went to the famous StarCruise Virgo, departing at Harbourfront. There was a big crowd during our checking in to the ship. We were lucky because we took the Balcony Class. Anyway, this class caters the guests with the balcony view (specifically for me to watch sunrise!) So the movement was much faster. Due to Virgo’s first ever stop to Pulau Redang (I guess), she received approximately 3000 passengers to accompany her at sea.
Ample facilities especially if you need to empty your bladder. It’s everywhere. There was abundant food ring breakfast in buffet style to satisfy 3000 hungry stomachs. Alakat (my slang) style was also available. What interest me were the workers there. In fact, all of them are foreigners, around a thousand of them from around Asia – Thais, Phillipines, Vietnam… Pretty and handsome too actually, huhuh. Some reminded me of the actors and actresses I’ve watched from those soap operas or dramas.

My take aways?

# The magnificent sunrise. I’ve seen sun rises on land. Not at sea. The fact that you’re cruising at sea level and watching the sun rising is such a nikmat that one can hardly forget. I was a little unfortunate though because during the particular process of rising, I was in the rest room. So, my abah captured 2 shots because he was nuts on using the video function. But lucky me, while the sun was still shining, I was out so I captured better pics since I failed to see it rise.

# Still, the splendid sunrise 2. This time round, the sun faces the other side of the cruise on the way back to Singapore. Went with emak to the highest deck to witness the sunrise again. This time, a different experience. It rised quite late because of the cloudy weather. But I was lucky to be able to capture videos of the sun rising in such condition.

# My deeper understanding on Nikah Misyar which is the talk of the town. Well, just to add, the right pronounciation of it is not ش but س . Therefore it’s Mis-Yar. Why suddenly this topic on the cruise? Dr. Mashita was with us on board. So, food for the soul was not an exception there. I am glad that the rest of them had a clearer idea of what it is all about and the application to our daily lives. Heh, it’s not an easy application though.

# The clear waters. I’ve always wanted to visit Redang one day. So as a stop over, I spent a whole 5 hours, mainly swimming! The last time I swam was a more than 5 years ago? Long isn’t it? I remembered everytime when I’m out with my Pre-u2000 clan to the beach; I end up sitting under the tree as the bodyguard of belongings while listening to the music and enjoying the breeze. I’m not much of a sea person because I preferred the pool. But it was just an itchy feeling to be able to see the clear water and the beautiful scenery there. Sickeningly fun!

Basically, what is so striking is the fact that Allah has given me two different experiences of the same creation – the sun. And this is basically my main reason being on Virgo. I wanted to appreciate this particular creation in a different set. And MasyaAllah, it was pretty, beautiful, splendid and what say you. To be able to see the start of a new day shining to your eyes, giving a new hope to live a better life. It shows how much we took our morning for granted. Maybe, that was how the nomads or villagers appreciate each sweat they produced. Me and the early birds enjoyed the cool breeze accompanying us and the chance to see some fishermen seeking rezqi along the way which was a rare occasion. This is just one of the ways that is by looking at the nature to get close to Him, the Ultimate One.

Next in the list is the Redang breathtaking experience. I love the scenery. In fact, the resort that abah rented for only 5 hours (we are lucky that resort was left with one last room) was huge with the balcony facing the forest. In fact, the room was quite huge for the 3 of us. It’s also a good place for recreational and scuba diving lovers out there. It’s quite on par with the Maldives’ waters. I simply love it.

Other good memories? Performance from the 6 Shaolin Kung Fu disciples for those who love martial arts, like me. Too much to say, but I’ll leave you with some of the pics…





My favourite @ Sea Level
(The shot from my cabin's balcony)

He makes night merge into day and day merge into night, and He has made the sun and moon subservient, each one running until a specified time. That is Allah, your Lord. The Kingdom is His. Those you call on besides Him have no power over even the smallest speck.(Surah Fatir: 13)

x x x
For those who have been waiting for my shots, i apologise for the delay. Got high fever bug recently. Still on the road to recovery. Do pray for me, ya?~

0 comments: