Risks, Decisions, Prayers

|
In life, there will always be instances where we need to take risks and be forthcoming in the things that we do. Fear of criticisms or failure might cause us to fail in knowing the outcomes that might actually work for us. However, people hesitate because they are afraid that things might not turn out well for them. Others have doubts because they wanted things to be smooth sailing for them as they thought that it would bring forth perfect ending?

But life as it is is a platform for humans to err. Albeit the errors, one must not forget that there is a divine power that is All-Knowing. Attaining perfection is something that none of us are able to achieve. It is not a trait that we can possess. It’s an irony is it when you want perfection and be called a perfectionist? That’s just a term to me. I can’t deny that I am a perfectionist at times; which means the taste of high standards. But being that is just a benchmark for me to achieve higher for self upgrading. Ultimately, I can only achieve a second streak before perfection. We plan and He decides. That is an important statement to bear in mind.

As Muslims, when we have uncertainties, we seek Him for guidance. I can’t restrain myself from experiencing hesitation as well. I face fears, I face difficulties, and I face hardships. Signs from Him come in many ways. To me, it is the tranquility of the heart before choosing a decision after seeking du’a that motivates me to go on although the signs might still be vague. Life has to go on. Decisions have to be made despite how indecisive you are. And taking risks means strong guts and strong faith in Him.

On the other hand, some people might ask. Why do you choose to fill your weekends when you might be able to spend more time for leisure? I can choose to be at home and have more leisure during the weekends. Instead, I am taking the risk of spending my weekends to a worthy cause although I might have to sacrifice bringing work at home too during the weekends. Kerja 24/7 pe, kan?

Although different people undergo various hardships, it’s their sacrifices that impelled me to do better. Just imagine, an age of 40 or above, married with kids, weekends with family; all these to balance with the pursuit of knowledge. I hope that they will be able to apply all the ‘ilmu gained, if not in an organisation, their own outreach to family members. It is such a waste if we only succeed in producing intellects only useful in the brain, but a failure of practice. Like an Arab quote which I have been using and always loved to use,

العلم بلا عمل كالشجر بلا ثمر
Knowledge without ‘amal is like a tree without fruits

Studying and working at the same time is something which I never dreamt to go through. In fact I still wonder. When I had all the time to focus on studies, I may have taken certain things for granted and did not achieve that well in it when I have all the time. Now with the kind of profession that demands a lot from its people and an educational experience only gained during the only time I could have chosen to rest, I didn’t. I am risking taking 2 big things in life. And I learn to study better and be more disciplined. I wonder how is this possible? But do you know? I realise that it’s not a waste at all. It uplifts the spiritual bond doing something in His cause. One thing for sure, I love Fiqh Sirah. Why? In secondary, I always forget the facts of Islamic History. For the first time now, I felt my head refreshed again and I really feel the sacrifice and efforts that have been done by Rasulullah and his companions, and I could just feel my love for Rasulullah increasing. I hope to emulate more of him and the Sahabahs to my practical life.

So who said that there is any individual that surpasses the historicity of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)?

That, was one of my exam questions yesterday…
As for other exam questions, I will discuss them after the end of my exams the end of this week.

Do make du’a for me my friends.

0 comments: