We are special

|
Today was a tiring day but it was worth it. We had a special task to a special school, specially for the special kids, thus, a special Children's Day performance for them. So I was on duty as the school's photographer as per usual to capture the significant moments of the performers and the audience. Reached there early morning to entertain the girls and boys ranging from 7 years to teenage years.

This time round, there were certain protocols in taking pictures. So, ahah, yeah, I won't be able to put up any pics as it can only be circulated internally and approved by their school before publishing any shots. But I could show the performances we did by both our students, and the teachers.

What I felt...
Their presence opened up our hearts.
Their warmth and enthusiasm in response to our actions were overwhelming.
There's a sense of sincerity in the way they receive and accept our performances.
It's nice to experience and witness the lives of the less fortunate in this blessed month.
The school really reminded me of my N/I/E Townsville Campus back then; the kampung aura, the familyness.

No wonder two of my cousins are teaching in this special field.
I guess, it leaves a special thing in those who teach these special ones; not like us, our hearts always tainted with black stains.
But like a friend said, the emotional support we need to provide them is intensive.
And I think it's worthwhile.

As for us who went there...
I think we enjoyed ourselves; the bangra dance, the twisted cinderella skit, the smiles on their faces. To my surprise, we are such creative teachers after all. That's why we're in right, because we make a difference... =)

0 comments: