Past, Present & Future

|
It wasn't a turning point of life.
The big turning point happened few years ago.
But yesterday, when eyes met, the only thing was to let it be.
She smiled radiantly, not emitting hope. Perhaps, that distant smile.
Almost hugged, the warmest, to yours truly.

Exchanged news. Felt happy on the current situation.
That was the choice made, for the better.
Then, we had our goodbyes.

Needed solace the moment the engine was off.
Stayed awhile in the car with surging emotions.
It was gushing. The mind went blank.
Still walking forward is the best medicine.
It has worked so far.
Past actions were lessons to succeed in life.

Like some snippets of a story from Qisas,

“Then you must do one of two things, either forgive or leave that person to Allah and pray for justice.”
It would be better and a higher level of piety.”
“I cannot.”
“Then you must leave that person to Allah and move forward.”


* * *

"Look at your past straight in the eyes and resolve it. Say goodbye to it, turn and move forward. Leave the past where it belongs — in the past. And don’t carry it with you to burden your present.”

* * *

You have control over how you act towards life’s events. Your reactions steer your life.”
“ What about forgiveness?”
“ Yes, forgiveness is the highest and most noble of virtues. When you are hurt by careless words, say, ‘For all the times I’ve spoken thoughtlessly, I forgive you.’ If someone oppresses you, say, ‘For all the times I’ve misused my power, I forgive you.’ If someone cheats you and betrays you, say, ‘For every time I’ve been a fool, I forgive you.’ Then the One who is the source and owner of love, forgiveness, and mercy will take you close to Him and your heart will be free.”

And I do need your forgiveness Allah.
For the heedless word I've said.
To those I've hurt.
At any time or any place.

And to the person whom our eyes met,
insyaAllah, hope to meet you once more
On the special day...

0 comments: