Relighted!

|


An overdue entry. An overdue event. A year of effort. A year of sheer ups and downs. A year of bonding new relationships. A year of learning through the hard way. A year of forgiveness and mercy.

Was so used to MS having camps that it recapped those treasured moments back then. It wasnt an MS event, yet a much different ball game altogether. Exclusively for the madrasah generation, significantly reminded me of myself, my youngster years in Saff as a kiddo. And when I looked at them, oh my, dah tua akoo ni. Dulu mesti lagi kental dari dorang.

Not easy as an amirah (a leader). Even in MS, i was never given any roles as an amirah in camps. The only one was an understudy as VC during Night Cycling '97 in Saff. Having to juggle with work, studies and this, it really tested lots of qualities in me. All the things that happened for the past one year was an eye-opener, especially when the event was just around the corner.

I shall not elaborate on the camp. Nevertheless, what I've gained was countless. My other amirs (leaders, masculine gender) was my support pillow during the hard times. And things wouldn't be better without the commitment of my fellow organisers. I wouldn't say that this camp was a tip-top one but I begin to realise and believe that it is not something that you want perfectly, but the perfection was due to the completion and cover ups of each others' weaknesses, which developed the strengths of us, as a whole Relite family.

If I want to compare with MS events, comparison will be odious. Both are 2 separate entities. The only same thing we possess is the passion in da'wah efforts. Like my sahabahs said, it's been a long time since Saff had one such camp. And to me kan, it gives a special meaning, because of the special aura and the special people there. Felt no segregration between the two organisations. And I am glad that this happened. Hopefully Relite has ignited the sparks and relight the Saff activism in us.

Adab observed...
Ukhuwwah forged...
A family united...
Memories locked...

Bitter and sweet
Luv y'all...

Relite Family

10 - 12 February 2006
Relite! : Igniting the Sparks
Outdoor camp, West Coast Park
:: Collaboration with Saff & IMPIAN ::

0 comments: