Starts now!

|


Do you know that my IIUM exams will commence in a week's time? To add, one of the examination dates falls on the ohh-first-time-saya-vote day. Well, lucky me I have no duty during the mari-undi day. And this particular pic was taken after one of our lectures last two weeks. Not wasted, but enriching because me and Didi our sympathetic-manja persuasion managed to influence Humaira to stay with us instead of mugging alone! Sorry, Humaira... *evil grins*

At work, oral exam is starting next week for my students. Drilling them with the new format of questions. Education. It keeps on changing. Just when you are trying to blend in with the new syllabus, a new one comes in, in 2008. Apart from that, you have to keep yourself updated and understand the local trends and hype of your surroundings.

My P5s had their 3-day outdoor survivor camp last week. It was held at MOE's Changi Club Adventure Centre (is the name right?) specially catered for schools having outdoor camps. It's a new place. MT teachers had to fetch on the first and last day, with first aid boxes. Went there on the 2nd night for camp fire. But, the weather has been raining all the while, so we had the camp fire with presentations by the tribes at the canteen area (the students' grps are called tribes) as well as us who got sabo-ed by the p5 form teachers to do cheers (the teachers' presentation part). As for me, pulled by a colleague to join in the cheer... Back in school, some of my students lost their voice especially the boys (too much shouting Ooooooi, these kids). I guess I am already immune to projecting my voice that losing it is a very rare case. And drinking lots of water really really helps. Now everywhere I go, I won't forget my red Nalgene bottle.

Pinning up pictures would be a choice for this event, here. But due to my digicam under servicing, regrettedly no pictures are available on the camp. Just collected it yesterday and it was FOC with new lenses now. Wee!

With the fixed digicam at hand, you will now be able to view some of the things that happened this week...
Today, had a storytelling telling comp called the 'Pertandingan Tok Selampit'. Just an info, tok selampit is a person who tells stories to the kids during the olden days. It is also known as Sastera Rakyat. Out of 300+ schools who participated, only 30 schools were selected for the final round. Only 3 schools were selected with 2 finalists. The rest with only one representative. So, my school was one of the lucky 3 schools to get selected with 2 participants. One, from my class. Although they only got through as the top 20 in the end, I am proud of them because they are still winners. And I thank one of my colleagues, with only her alone, managed all this. I decided to follow and help because of my student and the fact that it's a toll on my cikgu who had to do this alone. It was also a time to meet with my batch and reminiscing the memories of performing Wisata Sastera @ the Woodlands Regional Library Audi. I miss school. I miss all those.

To top it all, this was the surprise dinner I planned for my parent's 25th anniversary. No outside food allowed. Only my cooking for makan malam. Although tired after work, I'm surprised I still had the energy to cook for them. Well, all for the name of love!

0 comments: