Blessings in disguise

|
Clicked an email from a dear brother who have been on a hiatus for awhile, to a group of us...

.."Sayidina Umar did a lot wrongs before Islam came to him. He buried his baby alive and many more evil deeds. When he embraced Islam, he didn't sit down and cry over his sins, but stood up and fought for Islam. People may know him for his dark past, but he has shown that his efforts and contribution for Islam surpassed his past. Take him as an example and you can do wonders, maybe more than him."


Partly the answer, or perhaps a guide by the Almighty for me to see the light.
His niat might arrow to a slightly different perspective, but it applies to what yours truly have been experiencing recently while muhasabah alone during Ramadhan. If he had not sent the message, i might not realise the root of the musykilah that has been hiding at the back of the head, thus the weird feelings and happenings.

Haiz, reflections, reflections. Sometimes, reflections of the past really haunt you down...But, the message quoted, really enlightened and spirited my inner self to do more for my deen. Thinking back, I should not worry as the sahabat will accept me for who I am presently and not the past. Syukran...Thank you Allah, Alhamdulillaah.

Be happy and let's end with some Syawal snaps...




After reading some emails and bloghopped, I felt this heavy lump in the heart. I truly miss the 18thClan and hope to see them soon...

0 comments: