The best month

|
Subhanallah, I have not been penning down my thoughts for so long. Many things were etched in my mind. Sometimes, it is hard to express my thoughts. Rather, I would just let in stay in my memory. Maybe I decided to just write something due to the meaningful month, and also I may return here to refresh any reflections that I observed this Ramadhan. I do not hope for anybody to read any of this, but more for my own reflection and benefit. If it benefits others, alhamdulillah.

I just read butterflyrubric's FB status on 'Umar's milestones. Alhamdulillah, I am always enlightened whenever a toddler starts to talk or babble something related to Islam. For some, it may not be easy to have a child. For those who have been given the ni'mah of bearing a child/children, the challenge is to bring them up right. And when a parent captures an utterance of a new word from a child, it is really fascinating. It shows the product of learning whether it is through nurture or nature.

What are the things that always make me smile about Iman?

1. Before he was 1 year old, I was always enthralled by his 'Allah' and he would keep repeating it again and again.. haha it really tickled me.

2. I always sneeze due to my sinusitis. In the beginning, he would laugh at the sight of my sneeze. At a later stage, he would show his dislike when I sneezed while bathing him. Then, he learnt to say the hamdalah in a babbling manner after HE sneezed. As he progresses, his babbling became only 'Lah'. And lately, syukur, his speech is almost near to the actual word 'Alhamdulillah' after he sneezes.

3. After solat, and reciting the du'a, if he is there witnessing a prayer, he would put up both his palms to the face as a sign of 'Aameen'.

4. He also showed the takbiratul ihram whenever we say 'Allaahu Akbar'.

5. My favourite song to him since he was a lil baby was:
'Satu-satu, Iman sayang Allah,
Dua-dua, sayang Rasulullah
Tiga-tiga, sayang ibu ayah
Satu, dua, tiga sayang semuanya...'

6. He would ask me to open the Qur'an again whenever I finished it.

7. He would automatically be in silence whenever the adzan is on air.

8. His lullaby in the car would be the song from Rabbani which is 'Bila Nur Melimpah Di Hati'.

These are just some of his words and actions which are related to his life as a Muslim. His vocabulary may be limited compared to others around his age but InsyaAllah, I really pray for his wellbeing and may he grow up to be a muslih.

Ibu loves you Hifzul Iman :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy see you you writing again! MasyaAllah Iman is such a smart boy.. his vocab is amazing! Umar utters incoherent things when we solat, ngaji... and when he reads his Iqra' books. Aa baa aa baa.. and some gibberish African-sounding words. Too cute. Lately I solat pun kurang khusyuk cos he would sujud on my prayer mat when the Imam goes Allahu akbar.. but lamaaaa.. tak bangun2!

May Allah guide us in our quest to raise our little khalifahs ameen!

Unknown said...

Hehe but you can still fulfill your tarawih most importantly! My challenge is when I sujud or between sujud, he would sit on my lap or head for quite some time! Baru this ramadhan whenever I open the quran, he will come to me with his cheeky face n sit on my lap to 'kacau' me reading...