The narrow routes of life

|

The Parable of the Pencil
Source : Qisas.com

The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box. There are 5 things you need to know, he told the pencil, before I send you out into the world.

Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be.

ONE: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in Someone’s hand.

TWO: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you’ll need it to become a better pencil.


THREE: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.

FOUR: The most important part of you will always be what’s inside.

FIVE: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark.

No matter what the condition, you must continue to write. The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.

Now replacing the place of the pencil with you; always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.

ONE: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you place your Trust in Allah.
[Yes, and I surely will put my trust on Him rather than the trust on the people whom lack trust in me]

TWO: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems, but you’ll need it to become a stronger person.
[I have to be strong. I got several sharpernings. But I can still endure and move on. ]

THREE: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.
[ It is surely a learning process... ]

FOUR: The most important part of you will always be what’s on the inside.

FIVE: On every surface you walk through, you must leave your mark.
[ I am gonna leave a very memorable mark on this, I believe ]

No matter what the situation, you must continue to do your duties. By
understanding and remembering, let us proceed with our life on this
earth having a meaningful purpose in our heart.

* * *
Duties. Duties come with responsibility. Responsibilty is an amanah bestowed to you. Am so disturbed with things happening around. When we were small, how easy it was to forgive and forget. Remembering an incident today...

Cikgu, Petom, Melor dengan Kemboja taknak kawan saya, Lily, Hibiscus dengan Orkid.

After awhile, less than a minute, they were in talking terms. No grudge against each other. Happily doing the essay assigned to them.

As we grow older, we are tied down by all these sensitive issues. An act considered zilch would suddenly be a big hoo-haa. One of the sasterawan I knew ever wrote a poem on the changing chronicles of humans' personalities. What we do might not be sincere anymore. A laughter may just be a mask worn to satisfy the needs of others.

Sometimes, I just don't understand, why minor things turn out big. Easy things, turn out difficult. People complain more, but they do little. Sincerely, I'm not at my comfort zone. My senses are telling me to get away from the undesirable phases of life.

My phase of growing up. I miss my school years now. Where you can do stuffs voluntarily without getting depressed on pr0.t0.c0ls. A minor step of help is even a big issue. In the first place, the amanah was on me alone. Giving me something you think I could do alone. I don't want to lie to myself and be idealistic. If I were to ask those who loves to complain to help, duh, unfinished task for sure. I am very happy with where I am at now with those who help me currently. Those whom I really regard as friends.

My role model, our dear Prophet Muhammad. Never failed to make me reflect and pick up these broken pieces and go on. Knowing what I have in my heart. To just go through the obstacles, come what may.

So this is my life. My duty. This amanah, I wouldn't burden to another person. How can the thought of me wanting to junk the bulk to the other person be a thought in the first place? This thing might just be a minor item. But I am doing the best for the umbrella above me. Great it is, compliments you get.

But as the end note of the beautiful story above, let us proceed with our life on this earth having a meaningful purpose in our heart.

They may not understand. But Allah does. That is sufficient.
Another Ramadhan test, I guess.

0 comments: