Light of guidance

|
Have you ever been lured into something very inviting in life? I think most of us in a way or another have experienced such incidents before. It may be that we are forced by the peer pressure that surrounds us daily. Plus, the seeds of nafs that is always present in each human being.

Depending on other factors too, we may either be mature or näive. Our circular of friends may also determine how we view life in different perspectives. Even if we have ever been in snafu before, the door for repentance will always be open for us who are seeking the truth.

And today again, it knocked me hard. A test of faith. A slight trip that made me reflect again about my initial intention. That moment, what came into my mind was this...

... It may be that you hate something when it is good for you and it may be that you love something when it is bad for you. God knows and you do not know. (Surat al-Baqara: 216)

I whispered to myself, how true. I dare not to step on the thorns again. Not again. Never again. No more losing in the hereafter. No more. I want to be able to go through the trials of destiny. I want to feel the eternal bliss and the sweetness of faith. To start it right and to end it right.

Behind everything that happens, I'm glad that there's still a Divine guidance accompanying.

0 comments: