Melancholic night...

|
The path that have been taken in the past
Taught me a lot about
Friendship, leaders and family
Values I gained on
commitment, hardships or determination

Once again, I see
Faces that in a way or another
Moulded me to who I am today
Faces whom I've shared joy
And perhaps, for some, tears as well
Continuing in a higher level for the rest

I envied them, they've went that far
My pure admiration salutes up high
While me, where do I stand?
Did I ever deserve the load I once had?
Even feeling much further than them

This weakness is it here to stay?
Will great ideas be silence than say?
This moment, feeling such a dismay
Daunting hard, for bravery I pray

I don't wish for an ocean of silence
I wish to be a better person
Not for self, but for friends and society as well
Where should I heed?
Is there enough strength for me to lead?
From here, will I ever proceed?

The melancholy truth, facing the music
I know I have to proceed for a sweeter return
Not for monetary rewards but self satisfaction
More of practising the things I've learnt
Along the way from the education life to the educating line

Thank you friends, we met again tonight
The special faces whom I will always remember
Still united, for one another

This moment, this night I reflected
This entrance I took that one fine day
Which led me to many doors of chances
To find my worth hidden within
To feel those, unforgettable experiences

For the continuity to me,
Doesn't lie only within the internals
But how it continues touching my heart
To continue even when
I've exited that door...

0 comments: