Love and skills

|
When you have the skills and talents, you're able to create wonderful things for others. Some skills which may be latent needs just a spark to make things going. My aunt is one I call creative and innovative at the same time. With her sewing skills, she has recycled cloths she made into clutch bags, purses and many other bags. The only thing is that she's not into online biz. So family members become witnesses of her creative juices and purchase them for personal use or as gifts to others. Oh, what if I help her sell her products... hmm good idea? *grins*

I also envy friends who take time to indulge in artsy stuffs and produce hand-made cards or personalised book covers for others. It's just that I myself love these kind of activities but actualising them needs effort at my present moment. Because I miss designing things during my past time. Past time now is equivalent to reading books or watching DVD with hubby or window shopping with my family...

Likewise, mouth-watering desserts or food for those who enjoy the art of cooking leaves me in full admiration for their skills and not forgetting, the passion to do it and sharing recipes online. They left me with a strong urge, to be eagerly desirous of those tantalising food galore. I aspire to do that, at least, during the weekend breaks when lectures are off.

Hehe but at the moment, nothing from the above beat the skills of my cutie pie who has been working pretty hard and putting a lot of practice and keeps improving...Alhamdulillah. There are moments where he showed his struggles when he first started. Since then, whenever I return home from work, I keep myself updated of his milestones. While playing with him, I remind myself that this is part of building his self-esteem and this should be done through unconditional love. I am sure as mums, we want the best for our child to the point that we demand too much from him and seeks perfection. Every child develops differently. What we can do and remind ourselves is to express praises to Allah in his presence whenever our child develops a new skill. This may be one of the ways of tarbiyyah for him/her to be surrounded by the beauty of Allah and Islam. I simply enjoy spending time with him at this 'cheeky' age. I'm sure dear mummies love it too!


When we build a warm and friendly relationship with our children, we establish the best opportunity for imparting strong moral and spiritual values to them--the key to high self-esteem. --muslimsmothers@blogspot.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your help!