The reveal!

|
After the silence, I decided to reveal the answer!

You're right, Spidey. It IS me, heh. Well, what was I doing in that fat suit (there's a pillow at the stomach area)?


It was Children's Day. I was given the trust to entertain the kids. As you all would have guessed, my tag team from the pic here is Miss Goldilocks. Oh yes, she was fortunate not to be trapped like me in the hot oven. As the only emcee in the oven suit and fasting at the same time, that was one of the memorable tests I had during the blessed month.

From early morning to around 3pm, juggling two sessions, I simply had to take off my 'head' during item intervals. Worse still, the ventilation at the backstage was terrible. With the portable mic on my head, phew. But I had helpful colleagues to cool me with the flapping fans. The perspiration was tantamount to climbing mountains! Only Allah knows how tough it was to be enduring with such condition while entertaining the audience. The morning session kids were more excited. Pity me, baby bear was 'bullied' while walking around the crowd. They pulled me like nobody's business. Luckily, goldilocks saved me from the naughty earthlings from Human World (Well, I'm from the Fairy Tale World).

So you see, it's not an easy job being a mascot. At least, now I could feel how uncomfortable it is being in a big suit. What more if you're working in theme parks like Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse...

3 comments:

mfrstudio said...

oh kak widz jd maskot

zammy yammy said...

i tink those professional mascots do have ventilation inside their costumes. or else barney wouldnt survive till now. hehehehe.

Anonymous said...

wah, i salute you for agreeing (did you had a choice?) to be one ...but it so adorable ;)