Who's YOUR role model?

|
Who's your idol? That's the question asked by Dr Danial recently from the talk held at Al-Iman mosque. I learnt a few new things like the bubble generation and emotional quotient. If I should ask my pupils, I'd surely be hearing common responses - superheroes or superstars.

But something caught my attention last few days. I had to relieve a class. While monitoring the pupils' work, I saw a beautiful hardcover book on his table from afar. It was a resemblance to some books I have at home. I approached him and took a look at the book. It read: Stories of the Prophet by Ibn Kathir. I was stunned by the title of the book. A 9 year old boy reading a book by Ibn Kathir? More elated by that fact, I asked him, "You read this book?" He nodded.

His parents might have bought the book for him. I really hope he is guided and be one of the Qur'anic generation; to emulate the characters of the Prophets in this multicultural society called the R.e.d D.o.t. So after browsing the pages, I replied, "It's a good book. Keep it up!" I smiled and observed the rest of the class...

0 comments: