Defining success

|
The path of success comes in many ways. Traditional for most I would say. What defines success? Is it the paper you receive albeit deficient in practical? Perhaps the level of satisfaction one gains? Or striving and attaining the best in a cohort of average peers? Getting into the field you had to, not that you want to? Or passion over peer pressure?
Through observation, regretting one's initial choice would result in withdrawal. While others, rejection causes the urge to appeal, thus excelling in a particular course of study.
Wouldn't say mine was traditional. A slower pace than my peers. Choice was not the only reason. But situation made me decide. Reflecting back, I would realise how silly I was. I could have chosen things I had passion for. Initially I felt a sense of remorse. I could have completed earlier.
Thinking ahead now. It was a choice. Although it might have been better. And the choice in a way or another contributed to my current phase in life. It wasn't due to a factor, but other existing reasons I firmly believe, and happy with. Indeed, a path towards discovery.
And I thank Allah for the special things that sparkle my life. Without Him guiding us through, we surely wouldn't make it, lah!
So, I feel much better after expressing my thoughts. Counting down...
+ 2 more days to exams. (mine, not the pupils)
+ only 2 days possible to start revising starting tonight
+ tonight for completing the uncompleted assignment
+ tonight to assess the unmarked diagnostic exercises
+ tonight to evaluate pupils' achievement rubrics to parents to be given tomorrow
May Allah enlighten and ease these responsibilities...

0 comments: